Black privilege?

Black Privilege?
  
  Black privilege usually manifests itself when someone asks, “What’s wrong with the black community?” Actually, no one has to ask brother minister but’s he’s going to share his opinion none the less. The answer usually goes a little something like, “Brothers and sisters, kings and queens, we must stop fighting each other and love one another. We must band together in order to defeat the white devil. How can we talk about the way white people treat us when we sell drugs in our own neighborhoods, shoot each other down, and destroy our own communities.”
   At first glance, this seems to be an extremely valid point but it promotes the ideology that black people are innately violent criminals. As if drug dealers just wake up one day and say, “I think I’ll sell drugs today because it’s fun. Or perhaps I’ll murk a nigga just for shits giggles. Because it’s my greatest ambition to be caged like an animal.” Newsflash people don’t wake up one morning and say I want to be poorly educated, join a gang, sell drugs and die young. This happens when opportunities are scarce and it’s not in human nature to quietly starve to death.
   I know because I’m from the west side of Chicago, (Btw no one from Chicago calls it Chiraq. Just saying Chicago is enough to imply that youv prolly know someone who was murdered. I didn’t even watch Chiraq.) But I'm far more privilege than most of my family not only because my mom married a solider and moved us out of Chicago but because she fought like hell to keep us safe and out of trouble. She watched us like a hawk and kept us from what I used to think was all things fun. Hell, my real dad was a heroin addict. At least I hope it’s was. I don’t know. We don’t talk all that much and I’m still more privileged than most.
  Right now I hear a chorus of, “I come from the hood and I never blah, blah, blah.” Well like I said  so did I but my parents loved and cherished me instead of abusing me. I was not born into to money but I was born into love and that makes all the difference in the world. Now, of course some of y'all are still talking bout, 
“ Well I also didn’t have love or money and I didn’t blah, blah, blah”. To you I say congratulations. You did it. You’re a wonderful, amazing, fantastical, genius. A true marvel. Now set cho self-exulting ass down. As I was saying, poverty breeds abuse which breeds violence and desperation in its victims
  Other purveyors of the answers to questions that no asked say basically the same things in a slightly different way. Something like, “I’m not of one those Negros. I read books and listen to rock and classical music.” These dumbasses really believe they’re the only black person in the history of ever to have read a fucking book. You hear me I read books ass niggas, you sound stupid. Because you are stupid. There are millions of books written by black authors so you could not possibly be the only niggas that have read a got damn book or anything else you think makes you intellectually superior.
   What’s really irritating about these I can solve the, "black problem" ass black people is that they never really have a viable solution. They be like, “ We need to love one another or, “Read a book”. These sort of people love to highlight the effects rather than the cause. Because it’s extremely complex and high horsing people aren’t much for critical thinking. So they throw out these simple-minded solutions. If their solutions were implemented they’d go a little something like ,"Mr. Crip do kindly hug Mr. Blood. Excellent, now everyone grab a book".
   "Great, did everyone get a hug and a book? Now is everyone still desperate, and in need of intense therapy due to years of physical abuse and physiological trauma? Okay did anyone gain any marketable job skills? Are any felonies or misdemeanors expunged? No, well just keep hugging and reading and it’ll work itself out. Alright everyone let’s pack it up. We solved everything so let’s give ourselves a round of applause and a pat on the back."
   In closing, I’d like to thank all of you benevolent poverty shamers. You’re great, wonderful, and have all of the answers. The best answers!
                                   

                                                                                 Sincerely everyone living in poverty. Fuck you very much. 

Comments

Popular Posts