Dino Dreams Delivered: Jurassic World!


Now one of my most favorite movies ever . . . Jurassic Park! I remember as a kid the thrill of when I first saw the movie. I watched as they uncovered the bones in the beginning and boom . . . I was going to be a paleontologist. I dreamed the dream as I watched them recreate the dinosaurs and travel to a place any kid would want to visit, Jurassic Park. Cue the dramatic stage music.
That movie just struck a chord in me as I kid. I remember at recess we would play Jurassic Park. The boys were the icky dinosaurs and the girls were the humans. Just imagine what it would be like if we really did have dinosaurs alive today! (Though if you have learned anything from the movies, it would be that they are super dangerous and a bad idea to have around . . .)
Then they released The Lost World, another movie which I felt a connection with as a child. Here they are trying to study the dinosaurs on a separate island which I again found fascinating. Not enough for me to become a wild life photographer or big predator biologist but again my love for dinosaurs was rekindled. I always remember the majestic T-rexes, king of the jungle with super protective parental skills. I would think of what I would do if I ever came across one in real life, besides trying not to ruin my underwear with my bodily fluids.
Then I recall watching the cunning and stealthy velociraptors hunting their prey through the tall grasses . . . awesome. Everyone who has seen the movie knows and vividly remembers that they are super intelligent and hunt in packs. That was how effective the chase scenes were, here we are over a decade later and I still can relive the scenes in my mind.
Jurassic Park III . . . . whomp whomp whomp . . . .
So when I went to see Jurassic World I was excited but in the back of my mind I was a little tentative. My exact words were, “Please don’t let this be like the third movie.” So I went to see it on the open day and my review is . . . .
DING DING DING! Five thumbs up! That was fantastic! It was like being a kid again and watching the first movie for the first time. I had nostalgia, I was thrilled, I was captivated! It was dinodrama gone right! It was great for the kids and adults! Once again I have fell in love with dinosaurs!

 
 
P.S. Jurassic Park and The Lost World by Michael Crichton are good books to read!

Comments

Popular Posts