Netflix and Binge



I am applauding Netflix. Clap! Clap! Clap! 

You guys are doing GREAT! Not only are they producing great series for us to binge and crave but they are also bringing us great television series from around the world! There are several shows on there that I have completely lost myself away to that were not in English and they were GREAT shows! In the ethnocentric country we live in, having access to shows from other countries is a blessing that many others overlook. There's so much we can learn from the shows that we wouldn't know unless we went there ourselves. Of course, everything but be taken with several grains of salt because we know what kind of shit show our country looks like just judging us off our television and movies.

Now I know a lot of you groan because you don't like to read subtitles but really now . . . Society for the most part has stopped reading books, magazines, newspapers, pamphlets, BLOGS, the labels on your medicine . . . etc. No one reads anymore. They just want the quick fix, the "painless" amusement that is over within an hour or so. Our attention spans don't carry us over through a 2 hour movie nonetheless a book. Well if we want to dumb ourselves down and set an example for the children, I will make sure not to include myself in that! And I hope you won't either! It's so interesting to see how other people live, think and what makes them unique. Societies form for many reasons and are comprised of so many different beliefs. What you will find is at the center core of it all . . . we all aren't so different after all. Essentially we all just want to be happy in our lives and find meaning in whatever we do.

So again, Netflix, I applaud you! Please bring us more good stuff and don't wait too long between the seasons of the series! Can I just tell you all the struggle of trying to find a season 2 of this Turkish show I've been hooked on lately! I finally found all 4 seasons but they don't have subtitles so I had to find the written out synopsis of the episodes someone was so kind enough to write on Facebook. Thank you kindly! Anyways, kudos and keep up the great work!!!

Shows I recommend: La Esclava Blanca, Magnificent Century, Lady: La Vendedora de Rosas, 3%, The Time In Between

Comments

Popular Posts