Austin City Limits!


Austin City Limits!


Now if you aren’t from Texas or don’t know anything about Austin I will let you know that Austin is quickly becoming the music capital. I repeat AUSTIN IS THE LIVE MUSIC CAPITAL. So if all you knew before today was about our infamous 6th street which is lined with bars and shuts down vehicle traffic for our drunken pedestrians, you will find out there is so much more here! Besides drinking, there are so many opportunities to see live music here that you can definitely be musically fulfilled or find growth for yourself. I love music. I grew up playing the piano and clarinet. I have always loved dance and ballet. So I guess I have found a home here. Now one of our music events I already wrote about earlier this year which is called SXSW. It is a super fun festival that's 3 weeks long which has music but also has a film and interactives week. Go check out my blog SXSW for more details!

Recently I went to ACL, Austin City Limits, which is another music festival in Austin that happens in October that consists of 2 weekends of outdoor concerts in Zilker Park. Unfortunately I missed most of it this year due to work but I did go one Saturday and saw A$ap Rocky and Drake!
A$ap Rocky was GREAT! He had a 50's diner theme going on for his set and at one point he was even giving out milkshakes to the crowd! So much fun! Now if you know anything about me you know I love Drake. HEARTS HEARTS HEARTS HEARTS HEARTS. Drake over everything. The show was awesome! Both A$ap Rocky and Drake. My favorite part of course was when Drake brought out J. Cole. Wow, my two favorite artists on the same stage! The only thing I was missing was Kendrick Lamar. I was sad to miss seeing the Weeknd but I heard he did his thing up there! Also performing this year was Deadmau5, G-Eazy, Snoop Dogg, Foo Fighters, Disclosure, Hozier, Modest Mouse, Of Monsters and Men, and so many more! I even saw some actors and celebrities in the VIP crowd watching the concert too! Next year hopefully I will be able to partake of more days out there! Hopefully I will see some of you out there too!
Tips:
  • ·Stay hydrated!
  • ·Make sure you have a portable charger or mophie to keep your phone charged
  • ·Some people bring flags to keep their groups together
  • ·HAVE FUN!
  •  Park downtown and take the shuttle in! Otherwise you may end up paying a lot to park super far and walking hella miles.
  • Check the website for the things you are allowed to bring and not allowed to bring. That way you wont have to throw away anything at the gate.
Please share, follow and comment guys! Also, I will be dropping blogs Tuesdays and Fridays!

Comments

Popular Posts