Gourdough's Public House: Land of the Donut Dreams


 
So for a new Austin resident I have surely had a knack of finding all the good eateries! So yesterday I went to Gourdough’s Public House. Okay so I don’t know if you are ready for this but to all my FOODIES out there this might be your dream come true! Gourdough’s specializes in donuts! Not just regular donuts, but meals that have donuts in them!!! Now, I'm not much of a donut eater but . . . this definitely tickled my fancy! You can literally get a burger/sandwich/fried chicken . . . WITH A DONUT. So no more buns/bread slices, you are eating your meat in between the magically world of a donut. The chicken is sitting on a beautiful bed of donut, etc. If the little fatty inside of you didn’t squeal with joy . . . well I'm sorry to have to be the one to inform you but .  .  . you might be a zombie . . . .


When I went there I ordered the “Country Clucker” which consisted of a donut topped with fried chicken, a potato pancake, sweet cream corn, and jalapenos! I got a little greedy and got a side of jalapenos potato salad . . . Don’t judge. Overall I was elated! It was fantastic! Kudos! Kudos! There are two locations in Austin I know about, one on 5th street and one on Lamar. So if you happen to come visit or you live here, be sure to go check it out at least once!


Comments

Popular Posts